Pop Pop gave Eri a new baseball glove when he came to Boston. Ohmygosh, he was so excited. He couldn't wait to try it out. We then went to the store (me, Pop Pop, Eri & Leona) and found a t-ball set (only to run into an old friend just as we were leaving...and for good reason, serious meltdown from the little batboy. I love having a friend you haven't seen in many years watch you deal with a tantrum in front of Target).
After Eri & Pop Pop were throwing the ball around a bit & practicing how to hold the bat, I was completely stunned when I kept hearing the "crack" of the bat almost every time he'd swing at the ball! Granted, it wasn't quite a "crack" as it was more a "plastic snap". I couldn't believe how good Eri was at hitting! I think he shocked himself as well. It is necessary remind Eri to keep his eye on the ball...he gets distracted pretty easily. And you also have to refresh his memory on how to stand. He'll stand straight at you and Grandma will say, "Eri, turn sideways, turn sideways! Ok, watch the ball...watch....watch the ball!"
So....every morning and afternoon, Eri repeatedly says, "Pop Pop, wanna play baseball with me?...Mom, wanna play baseball with me?...Grandma wanna play baseball with me?" and more recently, "When my dad flies to Boston, he will land here, and he will come here, and he will play baseball with me."
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment for us and others to read!