Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And In The End...Victory!

N8 has completed the flagstone patio. This project took a bit longer than the estimated 2 days, but it came out wonderfully & in sufficient time.
Note: Be sure to include the kid-factor in any project. Really, it's a simple equation~ x= number of estimated hours, multiply by 2 just as an automatic, then for each factor, add each double variable.
For example~
x=16 hours (estimated 2 day, 8 hr per day)
a= 3 (Eri wants to help)
b= 1 (Leo doesn't want to take a nap)
c= 4 (freezing rain)
d= 4 (babysitter has pneumonia)
e= 4 (Eri wants to help again)
f= 1 (N8 gets frustrated and breaks tool)
g= 2 (Ange is fed up and decides it's pointless to work in freezing rain)
h= 4 (N8 has class on weekends)

All in all~ solve this equation & you'll find your estimated time necessary to do anything.
2x+2a+2b+2c+2d=2e+2f+2g+2h=
32+6+2+8+8+8+2+4+8=

voila! 78 hard laboring hours for the stinkin' patio.

For cost estimates, multiply by the cost YOU think it will be by 3.

Day 1~ we worked until 11p because we heard the weather would be bad. Notice the headlamps N8's wearing. Yes, we're that dorky & now our neighbors all know it.

What it takes, after hour 7.

Gorgeous clouds mean we're probably not going to finish tomorrow...
Apparently N8 is a firm believer in "no pain, no gain".

Oh look! Variable 'a' in action.
Followed closely by Variable "e".
Finished! A Happy N8.
All done! Now to clean up....or should I say, begin the next project...right NEXT to the flagstone. Rock & herb garden.
Massy's stamp of approval.
Ta-dah!

Oh...and my 30th birthday!
Eri wants to help me blow out the candles.
I was totally spoiled for 30 days of 30 as set up by Gena.
I received emails, calls, gifts, flowers, & treats galore for the 30 days before my birthday. I must say, I'm missing all that attention....I can't wait for next year! 31 of 31, right???
The dueling high chairs.
Leo LOVES her new seat. She really has grown this past week. I see it in so many ways. So when I bought this yesterday, and put it together (with Eri's help of course) and placed her in her new chair~ she was all smiles to be right near the big bro.


And look what else she can do~ I was sitting next to Leo when she pulled herself up on her feet! I was so shocked. I ran and grabbed the camera to not miss this moment (2nd born and all...don't need any more ammo) and she decided to just stick with pulling herself up to her knees. She's crawling faster as well. Plus her top 2 teeth have made a debut. SLOW DOWN, Leo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Nate! Jeanie

    PS: Would you believe the "word verification" that came up at my entry was....."inesse" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for us and others to read!