Thursday, May 08, 2008

What's Next? Sudoku?

According to my first grade teacher (she taught me everything I know), Eri is a problem solver. My mom went to a retirement party at my elementary school, and ran into a lot of friends from her Cedar School days. Mom decided to share some stories of the interesting things Eri likes to do. Hence the conclusion: he's a problem solver.

Here's the latest task I caught him doing today~

I was sitting at the kitchen table and Eri was using the broom to sweep around the house. Yes, child labor is wrong, yet rewarding in this house (man, I hope you realize I'm joking). I went to the back patio to feed the dogs, and when Eri sees this door open, he wants to RUN FREE! Problem is, we've had about 20 inches of rain and the backyard is a mud bath. As soon as I came back in, I locked the deadbolt (above the handle). Now the reasons we have to lock the deadbolt are a) Eri can open the door with the handle... and b) So can Massy.

I sat back down at the kitchen table, and Eri continued to sweep (ok ok, I'll start to give him 15 minute breaks!). He then looked at the broom and at the deadbolt and decided this was too easy.

Not giving a look around to see if I was looking (which is on his normal checklist before he begins mischievous acts), Eri decided to use the handle of the broom to attempt to unlock the deadbolt. Massy was staring at him through the window of the door, so Eri felt the need to rescue him. He worked on it for a few minutes until he decided he'd rather watch PBS. I just sat there with my mouth agape. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, I'm glad PBS was on, as we'd need another lock on the door pronto.

By the time I got my camera, I had missed the moment. So you'll just have to chuckle at the story.

2 comments:

  1. Eri,

    Dude your cute!
    it is early in the morning, but you just gave a fun start of the day!

    Annelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Mommie on her toes!! We love it Eri.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for us and others to read!