Just not here in Texas, where they have no idea what to do with it. I'm finally getting the holiday pictures up. This is the best picture I have, believe it or not, of all the snow we had. And I want to say this is after a couple of days...it had melted a bit. The snowdrifts were insane! They blew all the way up to our fence. Massy was in HEAVEN. Tucker even enjoyed the snow...but only for a bit. His bottom got colder much ealier than Massy's!
We were able to clear our driveway at least! Can you believe this- we did not have a snow shovel! One of us from MA and one of us from OH and we didn't have a snow shovel! Guess we've always lived in warmer climates!
Christmas dinner!
We had some yummy food!
Kim & Scott and Adam & Zach, Akiko & Ozzy and Sophianne, Jeff, Gena & the Smith fam were feasting.
Our friends fought the icy roads to have dinner with us. And we're so glad they did, because we would have had leftovers for weeks! Plus we had lots of laughs.
The "Adult Table" plus little booster seats for Sophianne, Zach & Leona.
The kids table became just Eri & Adam (the 3 yr olds were trusted alone!!!).
And this is when the laughs were loudest. Or, at least mine were. After dinner, I realized I forgot to hide the Christmas pickle! After the chaos of the morning & afternoon, it was critical that the pickle be hidden & found. So while everyone was sitting at the table, I made them all close their eyes. And they actually did! I hid the pickle, and the effort to find the pickle began....
...at first it was just Gena, Kim & Akiko searching. But after some time passed, the guys couldn't believe they couldn't find it yet, so they were up for the challenge. The kids were trying to figure out what in the world the adults were doing...
...and it took forever! I videotaped the action, but I was laughing so hard, I don't think the camera was still enough to watch without serious sickness induced.
After a LONG while, Jeff found the pickle! And his winning prize~ Summer Sausage, of course! Plus a Starbucks giftcard. We had to make it worth the while.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment for us and others to read!