Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Drop Off

Seeing as it was Eri's first day of preschool, he and his entourage stepped through the building to find the office in order to ask a question as to where Ms Kathy's classroom was. The office staff were a bit skeptical to assist us, since there was such a party for one little boy.
He was excited to walk down the halls but when we came to the classroom door, he stopped- a bit reluctant to enter. But when Ms Kathy greeted him & welcomed him inside, he felt right at home and told her that there was no need to worry as it was not raining outside anymore. She showed him a special hook to hang his jacket & bag...and the hook even had his name on it! After he dumped his belongings, he went right in to begin playing with one of his first classmates. Ms Kathy gave N8 & I the lowdown on the latest & greatest of preschool and we left knowing he was going to have a lot of things to tell us- in the afternoon.
No, I didn't cry, yet I just had this feeling that this was a good idea for him to attend preschool. I'll have to ask N8 how he felt as he drove off to work....


We had an entirely different outfit picked out, but when N8 came back from his run, he said it was COLD outside!
Eri poses with his lunch bag & backpack in his new school clothes from Grandma.

If only Tucker & Massy could have come with us to bring Eri to preschool.
Back in my day, we had to actually carry our backpacks...
Eri & Daddy walk up to the school's entrance.

Leona & PopPop make some funny face in the parking lot. Can you believe it...she actually knows how to whistle. At the playground yesterday, my dad kept looking around to find out who was whistling & it was her!!

1 comment:

  1. How is it that my nephew is old enough to be in pre-school?! I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday that I got the call from Italy saying I was an Aunt. (insert tears here)
    ~Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for us and others to read!