Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It's A Standoff

This afternoon when I heard the cues that Eri was done napping, I opened his door and then went straight to Leo's and decided it was best to wake her as well, since it was pretty late. As I opened the door, I was greeted by this humongous smile, with pacifier still in place. Of course she looked cute, but that wasn't the big shocker. She was standing with her feet straight out as far away from her as possible, while propping herself up with one arm over the crib, bent in a way to get a good grip, as if moments later, she was going to work out how to wriggle herself out of there! Granted, she's sleeping in her little sleepsacks (there are numerous benefits to this particular baby item, and it's not just to help prevent SIDS...a wise baby gift, if I do say so myself) and therefore she didn't have much give in her desire to swing legs over the crib. But I am certain, she had the gears in her brain working hard as to figure out the escape. And oh, was she silent! I thought she was still sound asleep just before I entered!
After looking around, I think she was aiming for her basket of shoes that sit nearby her crib.
And obviously, we lowered her crib tonight.

1 comment:

  1. You are in trouble if your second one is even sneakier than your first!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for us and others to read!