Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Must Go Through The Window

Ahh, Massy Massy Massy....

So, I've been babysitting little Lillie since yesterday morning. She'll be turning 2 yrs old at the end of October. She and Eri play very well together (despite the fact that he claims any toy she touches with a mark of "MINE MINE" or "MY (fill in blank)." It's so nice to have such a friendly and giving son.

Well, Lillie is deathly afraid of Tucker & Massy. We've minimized her contact with the dogs because well, who wants a little girl crying non-stop? Not me.

So this morning, I kept the dogs on the "other side" of the gate so they had the freedom of our hallway/front door/master bedroom. Lillie had the rest of the house. Normally I would let the dogs out immediately, especially because it's gorgeous weather without a droplet of rain coming our way. However, it is Tuesday. And Tuesday means, Trash Day (along with Wednesday being Recycle Day and Friday yet again, Trash Day). If I let Tucker & Massy outside before the trash truck comes...and I forget to bring them back in, we have a lovely barking match against the trash truck, for, oh...I don't know, 15-20 minutes?? while the truck circles the neighborhood.

Because it was a gorgeous day and the temperatures are pleasant, the air conditioner is off, and the windows are open! Bad idea.

Yes, that's right, you guessed it. Can't go OVER the window. Can't go UNDER the window. Must go THROUGH the window....and window screen. Massy was so worked up with the trash truck arriving and he couldn't do his fence-run-down, that he did his best to get to that truck! Which consists of going through my bedroom window!

Shockingly the screen doesn't seem damaged (how is this possible?) and he left a scratch mark on the window sill, which looks like it came from a large feline animal, but none the less, he made it outside with minimal damage to my window.

No wonder Tucker came over to the gate to try and let me know something was up. When I called for Massy and looked for him in the very few spots he could have been, I was completely shocked to find him outside.

Never a dull moment.

(You can insert a lot of expletive words as adjectives in appropriate spots and you will get an idea of how pleased I was).

1 comment:

  1. that is hilarious! love it! Never a dull moment=)
    Oh & Eri's new flightsuit is soo cute!
    -Steph, Rich, & Drew

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for us and others to read!