Wallet Worthy
My parents have nearly finished their big summer project. They removed old wooden railroad ties that created a wall and barrier from the grass to the driveway. They then put up this stone wall. The neighbors on Wade Way thought they were crazy to take on such a task (me too!) but the finished product is gorgeous. N8 and I are highly impressed. (Aww, and you can see Tucker & Massy's fence in the background...it must still be up as they are anxious for another long-term visit by all of us).
My late Grandma (Antoinette) carried lots of photos of her grandchildren and children in her wallet. She would share the photos with anyone who wanted to see. Included in her wallet was the most bizarre picture: a brick walkway. It was the walkway my parents created when we first moved to this house. I think my grandmother was so impressed with how the walkway looked ("my Jean did this"), that she had to show her friends (before she offered the pictures of Gena and me)...
Dad takes a rest on the wall.
I feel like Mom should be holding a pitchfork instead of a hoe and Dad standing next to her...This makes me wonder if people still carry pictures of loved ones in their wallet. It seems not as popular these days. Maybe because people show pictures they've taken on their phone instead. Or because no one offers to share photos of their family to random strangers. We should bring it back.
talk to my husband---he still carries around pictures in his wallet---he loves wallet size shots for this reason. Don't worry, he keeps the tradition alive.
ReplyDeleteWOW...looks great...sounds like a reason for me to head to Boston...a wall unveiling:) I agree...we should carry pics. My issue is that I dont ever really get any printed uunless they are in a frame. How spoiled we are in the digital age!!!
ReplyDelete