Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006 has come and gone.....

Eri's 1st Christmas has already flown by! After a whirlwind trip back to the States for Eri & me(if anybody mentions JFK airport, they're so dead), and ridiculously busy work days for N8, Christmas weekend crept upon us. N8 got a tree while I was home in Boston, and we decorated it 2 nights before Christmas!! What slackers. We baked and cooked and baked and cooked all weekend long. We went to Ang & Tim's house for Christmas Eve (the usual babies together) and for Christmas day, we went to Bethany & Greg's house. We've eaten like royalty and now are completely stuffed. Too bad we still have to finish making the Christmas cookies (dough is now in the freezer). But thankfully, we have Panevin to look foward to~ Jan 5~ and to share our Americanized cookies with the neighbors.
N8 has been delivering cookies to our friends next door, and Claudio (like usual) welcomed him inside for a quick bite and drink....after tons of roasted pork and many sips of prosecco, N8 came home explaining that it was my turn to go over and over-indulge. I declined as I think I was feeling my jet-lag finally, and he took Eri instead.
2007 is just around the corner. As of now, we have no plans for New Year's Eve, which is sounding soooooo nice. First visitors of the year!!! Friends from South Carolina will arrive to see the Epiphany holiday absurdly large bonfire just outside our driveway. This year I can drink the hot spiced wine! Lesson learned from previous panevini: move car so the ash does not completely cover all.

Auguri! Happy New Year!

Ok, it's time to get to bed. Eri's 4 month check-up is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for us and others to read!